WWF-Indonesia is an independent member of WWF, the global conservation organization, that operating close to 100 countries worldwide. WWF-Indonesia is registered under the Indonesia law, governed by a board of trustees . In Indonesia, we works in 24 sites, spread throughout 16 provinces. Our programs are built around strategic themes, such as forest, marine, freshwater, species, climate change and toxic chemical. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of :
Human-Elephant conflict mitigation officer
This position will be responsible for the development of elephant conservation effort and conflict management of human-elephant cohesively
• Ensuring the development of an annual working plan and periodic report..
• Ensuring the adoption of the program points in action planning for the management of elephant conflict and implemented by all parties.
• Ensuring the implementation of better management practices (BMP) for the human-elephant conflict mitigation at Sebuku, Nunukan.
• Ensuring the adoption of the elephant habitat areal into the regency spatial plan.
• Ensuring the availability of an alternative livelihood for the community precluding the elephant conflict.
• Minimum diploma in forestry or biology.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in natural resources conservation management.
• Experience in conflict management of Human-Animals
• Strong initiative, teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills.
Please submit your application, CV & other relevant document to firstname.lastname@example.org