Shell first established its presence in Singapore in 1891. Since then we have grown into one of the Island's largest foreign investors employing about 2,000 staff. Assets held by Shell Companies in Singapore exceed US$6 billion. Shell Singapore recently received the Best HR team, Best Graduate Development Practices, Best Change Management Practices awards 2008, Best use of Technology 2009 and Best Reward & Recognition 2009 at the HRM Awards. Shell Singapore also won the coveted 2008 Work-Life Excellence Award organised by the Tripartite Committee on Work-Life.
Shell Real Estate (SRE) is a Group Service Organization providing advice and services in the areas of property, project management, facilities management and travel. You will be responsible to develop and implement strategic real estate solutions for the Group across Asia Pacific in areas assigned in order to maximise shareholder value from the Group real estate portfolio, as well as to meet the occupancy, land and facility asset needs of the business. This role reports to the Senior Portfolio Manager.
Real Estate Portfolio Manager
Location: Shell House, Central, Singapore
- Link with assigned Shell Businesses to develop real estate strategies and to translate these into projects and RE Plan
- Accountable for the delivery, monitoring and reporting of RE Plan activity in region for assigned Business, including managing project delivery, ensuring compliance with targets and RE Process Model
- Stay updated with the assigned Business drivers, targets, organization changes and external RE factors influencing performance and strategy
- Work with the internal team, RE Portfolio team and third party experts to ensure delivery of projects as per RE Plan
- Develop and implement with businesses appropriate RE Portfolio Plans that maximise business performance from RE in line with primary business objectives
- Organise and lead multi-disciplinary project teams to deliver real estate projects on time, within budget, and in accordance with agreed terms and conditions with client business units
- Responsible for delivering complex and significant elements of the real estate plan
- Leverage market resources to the full for operational activities to raise the bar and capacity to operate at the top end of the tactical level and into the strategic level
- Possess a recognised degree with an appropriate real estate qualification and institute accreditation
- Minimum 8 years experience in a Corporate Real Estate environment
- Project management experience within a real estate area at a strategic level is important
- Ability to manage different projects with capital value of more than $50 million in different geographies
- Ability to engage and work with Senior Management
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese is essential for this position
- A competitive remuneration package based on the prevailing conditions, policies and legislation in the country of employment will be offered for this position.
Application Deadline: Sunday, 26 July 2009 Number of Vacancies: 1
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer