Burung Indonesia was established on 15 July 2002, as an independent
Indonesian non-government organization, after working for 10 years as the
program office of BirdLife International in Indonesia. Burung Indonesia
provides opportunities for the public to take practical action to conserve
birds and their habitats in Indonesia.
We have immediate vacancy for the Biodiversity Officer position (based in Flores, NTT).
Overall purpose of the job:
To organize and lead biodiversity surveys in the working areas to develop
and strengthen biodiversity related knowledge base.
1. To design, organize and lead surveys to assess the biodiversity of
the working area;
2. Review of available data on flora and fauna of the working area;
3. To be responsible for data and information quality from the field
works and analysis to met scientific standard;
4. Responsible to prepare and present results of the biodiversity
condition of the working areas;
5. To maintain relation with researcher/experts in relation with
relevant studies in project area;
6. Assist on building the capacity of district staffs and local
villages in the Low Key Monitoring;
7. To engage with the local stakeholders on the implementation of Low
1. University degree in biology, forestry or related discipline;
2. Possess portfolio on biodiversity surveys;
3. Good knowledge of biodiversity survey inventory methods;
4. Willingness to spend extended periods in the field;
5. Able to operate statistical and survey analysis software (e.g.
6. Spoken English and ability to write report in English;
7. Self-motivated, innovative and strong commitment to nature
8. Experiences of working at remote locations will be an advantage.
Please send your application and a full CV with references on or before 10
days after this advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be
contacted for interview.
Email addressed to: email@example.com
Postal application addressed to: PO Box.310/BOO, Bogor 16003, INDONESIA.